Search This Blog

November 22, 2010

Scoring Touchdowns or Hitting Homeruns...

I'm not sure if everyone was aware of the Big Ten game that was played this past Saturday, but Northwestern and Illinois were able to play their game on Wrigley Field.  I hadn't been watching much television to keep up with the hype of the game, but after reading about the rule changes and recap of the game, I think it was a pretty cool setting. I found it very interesting that the most notable rule change was that all offensive series would be ran only towards the west end zone, or should I say the third base dugout.  I think this would be a great experience and definitely something the players will remember for a long time. The only downfall I see from this type of game, would be that the players might not be able to take the competition as serious as they should.  Its a different atmosphere and probably wouldn't feel like a real game day. Overall, it was a pretty neat idea even with all the crazy rules that had to be installed. Does anyone know if this is going to be a tradition!?

No comments:

Post a Comment