Search This Blog

November 27, 2010

Unnoticed Champs?

From my last post, I mentioned how Michigan State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin could all share a part of the Big Ten Title, so why haven't we heard anything about Wisconsin this year?!  I feel that Ohio State is ALWAYS being talked about, whether they are having a good year or not, and Michigan State started with a school record with consecutive wins, so I can see why those teams are being mentioned, but why not Wisconsin? I am not going to say I am a hardcore football fanatic, so there are some facts and teams that I am not all that aware of, but Wisconsin is 10-1 and I can't even name their starting quarterback.  They returned the league's offense player of the year in running back John Clay, but with a knee injury, he has sat out the last couple games. Wouldn't one think Wisconsin would struggle without him? No, they have been able to put up better numbers during his absence! I just don't get how a team can be leading the league and 7th in the nation in scoring and no one ever talks about them! I'm not saying I'm a Wisconsin fan by any means, but can't they get some credit every now and then!? They will have to prove themselves today when they play Northwestern, to see if they do deserve some of hype, but I feel they will come out victorious and be the unnoticed champs of the Big Ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment